Adults and children aged 12 years or older with a body weight of more than 40 kg and affected by pulmonary DS-TB are eligible for this regimen, including those who are also HIV-positive with a CD4 count of more than 100 cells/mm³ and patients with diabetes. The following exceptions, detailed in Section 4.4.2, should be highlighted:
- patients weighing less than 40 kg;
- patients with severe extrapulmonary TB (e.g. tuberculous meningitis, disseminated TB, osteoarticular TB or abdominal TB);
- PLHIV with a CD4 count of less than 100 cells/mm³;
- children and adolescents aged under 12 years; and
- pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women.